CNC Swiss Setup OperatorOVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the setup and production in CNC lathe department. Operates and sets up multiple CNC machines and performs general maintenance. Set work offsets and offsets tooling.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads and starts-up machines.
- Performs feed rates/G Code/M Code
- Operates one or more machines to produce parts as directed.
- Ability to work from layout sheets to setup jobs.
- Ability to setup machines according to production strategy.
- Able to trouble shoot
- Reads blueprints, drawings, and job orders for information such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of work pieces.
- Have the ability to make offset and program changes to keep dimensions within specified tolerances.
- Verifies conformance of production parts to specifications using various measuring instruments.
- Responsible of setting and adjusting tooling
- Ability to Gang/Live Tooling
- Performs maintenance on the machines as required.
- Works effectively with little to no supervision.
- Performs work in accordance with International Standards for this position.
- Understands company Operational Excellence directive and is responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Manufacturing Technology courses a plus.
- 5years + experience with CNC machine tools.
- Experience with measuring tools, such as calipers and micrometers.
- Experience with bar feed and sub-spindle
- GD and T/ Metric-Imperial Standards a plus
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal and English skills are required in interacting with team members.
- Ability to produce quality product without sacrificing defined throughput (quantities per hour) expectations.